Half Moon Bay, California
Perched on a breathtaking cliff overlooking the Pacific, with plenty of walking trails
Located on a cliff overlooking the bay, The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay is magnificent. In addition to stunning views, the immediate area offers various outdoor activities, such as surfing, swimming, and hiking. Simultaneously, not much else within walking distance, the abundance of food and wine options is just a short drive away in the center of Half Moon Bay.
Situated on the Bay Area Peninsula, Half Moon Bay is a picturesque rural seaside town about half an hour south of San Francisco. It is the oldest settlement in San Mateo County and dates back to the early 1800s. In the absence of a decent public transport system (like much of California), a rental car is likely to come in handy when visiting this area. Almost all famous beaches are directly off Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway). Although the hotel is lacking in the food and drink scene, some restaurants and bars can be found nearby – notably Sam Chowder House and, of course, the local wineries.
- 40-minute drive to San Francisco International Airport
- 2-minute walk to the beach
- 10-minute drive to downtown Half Moon Bay
- 15-minute drive to Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
- 25-minute drive to Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve
- 45-minute drive to popular corporate areas in Silicon Valley (Facebook, Google)
- 45-minute drive to downtown San Francisco